Healthvana’s digital tools make it easier for clinics to identify, educate and keep patients on PrEP.
Say goodbye to spreadsheets and hello to software specifically made for PrEP
PrEP is one of the most important HIV prevention tools we have today; a once-a-day pill that virtually eliminates the risk of getting HIV if taken correctly. Clinics prescribing PrEP can stop many people from getting HIV but barriers exist to getting patients on PrEP and achieving consistent patient adherence.
- EMRs & their patient portals can’t help: They were not built to support clinic staff managing patients on PrEP which requires constant and compassionate patient engagement. Instead, staff rely on inadequate, labor and time intensive tools like computer spreadsheets to log who is on PrEP and the telephone to try to stay in-touch with patients about everything from labs, refills, insurance, and appointments to keep them compliant with PrEP.
- Not enough education about PrEP: Many patients are still unaware of PrEP. And a large number of staff have not yet learned how to initiate speaking about PrEP and its benefits.
We need to address these barriers. Today, too many eligible patients are not starting PrEP and many patients who have started PrEP abandon treatment. Thankfully, there are now interventions to help deliver more effective PrEP care and ensure patients get on and stay on PrEP.
Healthvana’s easy-to-use, evidence-based digital tools supporting staff on all things PrEP. Since 2015, Healthvana has been a leader in sexual health helping millions of patients across the country. Healthvana facilitates the communication between staff and their patients. Through Healthvana, providers can inform and interact with their patients at each step of treatment, plus patients can access Healthvana directly on their mobile phone to make better health decisions.
For PrEP care, Healthvana helps clinic staff:
- Kickstart the conversation with new patients about PrEP through digitized & customized patient intake forms
- Educate patients about PrEP and get them back into the clinic for quarterly testing (a prerequisite to refill on PrEP) by sending automated reminders
- Streamline how to manage patients on PrEP through a clinic dashboard
- Make it easier to communicate with patients outside the clinic through HIPAA-compliant text-based messages. Quick note: See how messaging has made a positive impact on patient care for one of our customers
- Reduce incoming and outgoing phone calls by delivering interpreted lab results with next steps to patients to access on their mobile phone
The Healthvana team cares deeply about reducing HIV transmission and our software is one piece in the HIV prevention fight.
The best way to learn more about Healthvana is to see a demo. Please email email@example.com to set one up.